Saturday, September 27, 2008

1st Birthday


September 11 marks a most memorable day in American, if not world, history for a very sad reason. In my household it marks a very happy day in history. It is my 4th and last childs birthday and for each of my kids I like to make a special card for their birthdays. For this card I used a variety of Stampin' Up! products and supplies I already had at home which just goes to show how versatile their products are.
- UTEE -
One of the techniques I have used on this card that I would like to share with you is Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel or UTEE. Although the picture doesn't quite do it justice, the no.1 has a very glossy and raised look to it. This is achieved by first giving the chipboard colour by pressing it into a stamp pad or you could even paint it if you wished. When it is dry stamp it with the Mini Top Boss Tinted Embossing Pad, then using some UTEE (which at present can only be purchased through other craft outlets) and the small Powder Pals tray sprinkle it all over the chipboard. Tap off excess onto the tray and move to another surface and heat with the Heat Tool. Once all the UTEE is melted and still wet quickly return to the tray and reapply the UTEE. Continue this process of heating and adding UTEE for about 3 or 4 times until desired thickness is achieved. When finished allow to dry. Alternatively at the last application whilst it is still wet stamp an image into the UTEE for an interesting effect. This is such a cool effect and can be used in card making, scrapbooking and beyond the page items. Ask me to demo it for you at my next Freestyle class!!

Materials used from SU!
Stamp sets - Big Bold Birthday
Card Stock - Summer Sun, Green Galore, Whisper White
Stampin' Pads - Summer Sun, Ruby Red, Green Galore, Ballet Blue, Mini Top Boss Tinted Pad.
Ribbons - Wild Wasabi double stitched
Powder Pals tray
Heat Tool
Stampin' Scrub

No comments: