Monday, February 9, 2009

A Beautifully fixed card

Well this time I thought that I would show you how I fixed a plain card and made it more interesting.


I made this card on the weekend but wasn't quite happy with it. I asked my husband and my 7 year old daughter, Gabriella - who just happens to be my best critic - what they thought. They both agreed that it was just a little too plain and it needed the white card broken up a bit. I placed it on my buffet where I would walk past it continuously and be able to be inspired further. This, however was fruitless and I decided to abondon my efforts and put the card away. After placing it on my workbench and getting about my housework on Monday, I just happened to walk past it one more time, and that's when inspiration hit. I got to work and made my adjustments. I added some linen thread to the top, changed the orientation of the white grosgrain ribbon and then added some buttons I had lying around (probably leftovers from those extras you get from kids clothes!!) I did have the edges of the flowers curled up before but they do look better now with buttons added.

What do you think?



Both my husband and daughter agreed it was an improvement. Phew!

Here's the materials I used;

Card stock; Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Whisper White
Stampin' Pads; Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Green Galore
Stamp Sets; A beautiful life, Short and Sweet
Ribbons; 1/4" White grosgrain
Punches; Scallop edge punch
Accessories; Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Adhesive
Buttons - not Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I like your "improved" card but I think that your "before" card is still really nice !!